Why iSiyasah.com – The contributors of this website believe in the Islamic principle of “taking care of the affairs of the people.” We draw our inspiration from the hadith of Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) in which he said;
كَانَتْ بَنُو إِسْرَائِيلَ تَسُوسُهُمُ الأَنْبِيَاءُ كُلَّمَا هَلَكَ نَبِىٌّ خَلَفَهُ نَبِىٌّ وَإِنَّهُ لاَ نَبِىَّ بَعْدِى وَسَتَكُونُ خُلَفَاءُ يَكْثُرُونَ قَالُوا فَمَا تَأْمُرُنَا قَالَ فُوا بِبَيْعَةِ الأَوَّلِ فَالأَوَّلِ وَأَعْطُوهُمْ حَقَّهُمْ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ سَائِلُهُمْ عَمَّنِ اسْتَرْعَاهُمْ
"The tribes of Israa'il were ruled by the Prophets, every time a Prophet deceased he was followed by another Prophet, and there will be no Prophets after me, and there will be Khulafaa (successors) and they will be many."
The companions then asked "What do you order us?"
To which the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم replied "Fulfil your pledge of allegiance to them one after another, and give them their rights, and truly Allah will ask them about their responsibilities"
(Bukhari / Muslim)
In arabic the first part of the hadith says; “kanat bani Israel tasuusahum al-nabiya” which means “the tribes of bani Israel’s affairs used to be taken care of my the Prophets (AS)” The Islamic understanding of ruling the people means taking care of their affairs or taking care of their politics. We have setup this website with the hope fostering ideas and thoughts that will help Muslims to understand and hopefully repair the state of affairs that we are in.
We work through our blog to:
- Obtain the pleasure of the Almighty (SwT) by disseminating Islamic political ideas and calling Muslims and others towards them so as to become a beacon in the darkness of exploitative capitalism and a light for the ongoing Global Islamic revival.
- Serve as a vehicle to better propagate the Islamic viewpoint on current events as well as disseminating Islamic ideas about issues.
- Expose the fallacy of today’s competing Ideologies such as Capitalism, Communism, Socialism, democracy, secularism etc... and those individuals/Organizations/Groups falsely attributing Islam to such Ideologies.
- Highlight and gather discussions around the plans, schemes, and plots of the colonialists in the region keeping the Muslim World in mental and physical shackles both locally and globally.
- Provide a channel and direction for Muslim youth in a sea of hopeless alternatives of senseless violence or political shortcomings.